The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) provides an extensive amount of information, resources, and guidance on IT and information security topics. The Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) provides standards and guidelines for establishing information security within federal systems. However, there have been, and continues to be, numerous security incidents including data breaches within federal systems. Review the information about FISMA at the NIST Website, located at . Additionally, review the information, located at , about the data breaches within government systems.
Select one (1) of the data breaches mentioned to conduct a case analysis, or select another based on your research, and research more details about that incident to complete the following question requirements.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper on your selected case in which you:
- Describe the data breach incident and the primary causes of the data breach.
- Analyze how the data breach could have been prevented with better adherence to and compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines, including management controls; include an explanation of the regulatory requirement (such as from FISMA, HIPAA, or others).
- Assess if there are deficiencies in the regulatory requirements and whether they need to be changed, and how they need to be changed, to mitigate further data breach incidents.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The written paper must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include page numbers.
- Use 1-inch margins.
- Use Times New Roman, or Calibri font style.
- Use 12-point font size for the body of your text.
- Spell out numbers (one, two, three, and so on).
- Use double spacing throughout the bod.
- Use the point of view (first or third person) required by the question guidelines.
Section headings should be used to divide different each content areas (items a-d above). Align section headings (centered) on the page, be consistent, and include at least two section headings in the question.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.