EEC 1200 Florida State College at Jacksonville Child Care Center Start up Budget Paper
Write one paper that answers all of the following APA FORMAT:
TASK ONE: Respond to the following:
- Describe the ways in which child care centers can be organized that are discussed in the text.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of each organization type.
- For the child care center you plan to direct, which organization type would you prefer and why?
TASK TWO: Respond to the following:
- List professional and personal qualities of individuals that should serve on the board of a child care center.
- Name 5 individuals that you would want to serve on the board of your child care center. The people you list should be individuals that you would actually ask to serve. (Make sure to mention why you would select these individuals and which committee they might be willing to lead.)
TASK THREE: Respond to the following:
Create a start-up budget for your ideal child care center. During your first year, you must serve a total of 30 children and you have $125,000 for the year.
After reading for this week’s module, define emergent literacy in your own words. What would it look like in your classroom? (Name at least 1 activity for each area)
- Oral Language
- Phonological Awareness
- Alphabet Knowledge
- Concepts about Print
Remember to be creative when discussing possible activities with your peers.
TASK FIVE: Annotated Bibliograpghy
Reading is extremely important in the early childhood curriculum. As a caregiver, you must be aware of different books for your age group. You will need to select an age group (infant/toddler or preschool) and write an annotated bibliography for 20 children’s books that promote both reading and the arts. Please use the following APA format:
Author last name, Author first initial. (Year of Publication). Book title.Location where published: Publisher.
Below your APA formatted book reference (as shown above), please provide 4–5 sentences detailing the key points of the book and the appropriate age group for the book.
Please do not copy the summaries of others (from Amazon or other sites). You must use your own words. You may choose books from the local library or you may research the books online, but you must use your own words to summarize the book.
This assignment must be typed with one-inch margins and 12-point font.
TASK SIX: Terrance owns a child care center and plans to open a new facility in the next 6 months. Terrance’s new facility will serve children whose parents work nights and weekends. He is currently looking at existing centers, but may be learning towards building a new facility. Terrance really needs to consider funding for this new venture.
Discuss the following in your response:
- What kinds of funds might be available to Terrance?
- What type of funds does he need?
- Where should Terrence go to find funding for his center?
- How does Terrance maintain the high quality of care and education at his current facility and his new night/weekend center?
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.